Last modified: 3/14/2017
XL Funding LLC (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us, either through our website, www.xlfunding.com (our “Website”) or by completing an XL Funding LLC Floorplan Application, available at (the “Floorplan Application”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail communications between you and our Website.
- When you provide a completed Floorplan Application to one of our employees.
This policy does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
2. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website.
A. Information we collect directly from users of our Website
We generally collect the following directly from users of our Website:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or in connection with your Floorplan Application or. This includes information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- Information related to your company or that is about you but does not identify you individually.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
B. Information we collect automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We do not track users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns:
4. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between us and you, including for billing and collection.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To our lenders as necessary in the ordinary operation of our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or with your consent.
If you apply for any kind of credit or offer to act as guarantor, we may disclose your personal information to, or collect personal information about you from, a credit reporting body.
In addition, we may also disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can send us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may unsubscribe from future e-mail distributions by clicking the appropriate link within the promotion e-mail.
7. Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information that you provide to us in the Floorplan Application is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We cannot and do not guarantee that your responses will not be shared. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
9. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
12. Contact Information